Financial, Administrative and Trade Management in China
A guide for executives for a successful and compliant business operation
These articles are currently drafts and your feedback is highly appreciated.
Changes in content and format are still upcoming.
Your contribution is highly appreciated, please see the end of the page for more information.
These articles are for private use.
Unauthorized distribution is not permitted.
Who is this for?
- Upper-Level Staff in China with foreign nationality
- Managers and Professionals taking over a position in China
- Corporate functions in Germany which cooperate with Chinese subsidiaries, customers and clients
- People who are interested in the regulatory, financial and business environment in China, e.g. Students
Why should I bother?
- You can get most of the information on the internet, but: It is not structured and mostly single websites are specific for single areas. These articles are a “One-Stop-Shop” for a good foundation to build on.
- Getting a profound background requires a lot of time
- The target group, Students and Managers, in general do not need to be an expert on the topics but require a general understanding
Who are the authors?
The main author graduated in business and has years of experience in the Chinese market.
His major interests are especially in the areas of
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Process Management.
He started writing these since there was no publication with a similar scope which he would have bought happily during the transition in his role of being a manager.
Other experts in their area support by proof-reading. You are very welcome to contribute too!
(Thanks so far especially to Doro, Lily and Alex!)
Current Draft Articles for Download
General Tips for operating in the Chinese market
3.1. General observances and rules of conduct
3.2. Meetings with officials
3.3. Group-Benefits vs. single entity optimization: Some aspects to consider
3.4. Trade Management: Cheat sheet for evaluation of transaction feasibility
3.5. Administrative Management: Cheat Sheet for internal changes and transactions with the shareholders
Legal Framework and practical hints
4.1. General rules of the Civil Law
4.2. Contract law
4.3. Company Law, company organs and business license
4.4. Commonly forgotten issues with contracts and cooperation with lawyers
6.1. Chinese Accounting
6.2. Chinese Invoice System (“Fapiaos“)
6.3. Company Bank accounts and Treasury procedures
6.4. Cross-Border Money transfer Processing and SAFE Regulations
6.5. Budgeting and Controlling
6.6. Transfer Prices
6.7. Exchange Rate Implications
7.1. Corporate Income Tax and tax adjustments
7.2. VAT, Surcharges and other taxes
7.3. Withholding Taxes for Income from China without physical presence
7.4. Profit Repatriation and Group optimization
Sales and Sales Strategy
9.1. General Market environment and Positioning
9.3. Pricing of Services and Products towards third parties
9.4. Place 1 Choosing the right geographical market
9.5. Place 2 Sales Channels
9.6. Promotion and Marketing
Human Resources Management
10.1. Labor Law, Labor contract law and their implications
10.2. Important policies you should consider to implement
10.3. Compensation strategy
10.5. Filling your Management Positions
Job Market and Job Hunting for Foreigners
11.1. Job market in China for Foreigners
11.2. Finding and negotiating a professional job in China
You have comments? Feel free to leave them here!
If you have comments, please send them to or use the contact form below.
Especially if you can contribute by checking
– Is everything correct?
– Are you missing important information?
would be highly appreciated!
(But I am happy about any kind of feedback)